1. Asparagus. It contains folic acid. It is always strongly recommended for women who try to conceive to consume folic acid supplements. According to study, it can reduce the risk of ovulatory failure.
2. Banana. It contains Vitamin B6 and folic acid. Apparently by consuming bananas, women will have more regular menstruation as it can aid in regulating the hormones. Hence, lead to healthy eggs and good sperm development.
3. Mussels . It contains B12 , which can help strengthening the endometrium lining in egg fertilisation. Hence, decreasing the risk of miscarriage in women.
4. Egg. It contains Vitamin D, Phosphorus, Selenium, B12, Zinc. It is significant to have Vitamin D for those who try to conceive. According to study at Yale University, there was 93% women who are infertile has insufficient Vitamin D levels.
5. Lemon or Lime. It contains Vitamin C. Not only it is good for your body (ie. Improving your health), but it is proven that it can enhance sperm count and motility (their ability to move properly towards an egg). Other advantage, it also has antioxidant and helps women in balancing their hormone. Source: Huffington Post
6. Pumpkin seeds. It contains Iron. According to Hethir Rodriguez (President and Founder for the Natural Fertility), “Studies have shown that women who do not get sufficient amounts of iron may suffer lack of ovulation and possibly poor egg health, which can inhibit pregnancy at a rate 60% higher than those with sufficient iron stores in their blood.” Zinc is essential nutrient for both men and women because it can effect baby’s growth and development as well as sperm’s health
7. Salmon. It contains Selenium. It has antioxidants that helps protect sperms and eggs from free radicals. Hence, prevent miscarriage and enable sperms to be more fertile.
8. Spinach. It contains Zinc. It improves the level of oestrogen and progesterone. This also means that it can increase the level of sperms as well as increase the chance of conceiving in women.
9. Mackerel. It contains Fatty acids. It helps sperm to mature properly, meaning it impacts the health of the sperms.
10. Almonds and Avocado. It contains Vitamin E . This nutrient cannot be produced by the body, therefore it is important to consume food that contains vitamin E or supplements. It contains alpha-tocopherol which means “to bear children”, if translated literally from Greek words. Vitamin E is essential to improve eggs and sperms health.
11. Carrots . It contains Beta-carotene, antioxidants and Vitamin A. The study from Harvard University investigated that out of 200 men who were eating healthy diet especially yellow and orange food were found make their sperms stronger. In conclusion, study found that most of yellow and orange-coloured fruit and vegetables improved men’s fertility, but the carrot produced the best all-round results. According to Report from journal Fertility and Sterility, “Carrot improved sperm performance by between 6.5 and 8 per cent.” Clearly Carrot plays important role in men and women who try to have a baby. Source : Dailymail uk