- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 3 carrots (cut into cubes or however you like)
- 4 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 cups of kale/spinach
- 1 cups of red lentils
- 4 cups of vegetable/chicken broth
- 6 cloves of garlic (diced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 inch of ginger (peeled and grated/chopped)
- 1 inch of turmeric (peeled and grated/chopped)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt, paper and any spices you like
- Optional: feta cheese
How to cook:
- Use a large soup pot and sauté garlic, onion, potato, carrot, celery ginger and turmeric with olive/avocado oil. Add a bit of salt and paper.
- Add tomatoes and sauté them for a bit to bring out the flavour of caramelized tomatoes then add the broth and bring to boil.
- Once it boils add the lentils and simmer it on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add spinach/kale and any spices you like (Paprika is also a good combination)
- Let it simmer for another 10 minutes and stir it as needed
- Lastly, add juice from the lemon and parsley, taste it first before serving and adjust the seasoning however you like
- Optional: Add a sprinkle of feta cheese on top.
You can always add more veggies you like and once you make the soup you can also freeze it