Today’s lifestyle has a significant effect on our food consumption, which can impact our healthiness and hence fertility level as well. Modern people like to order fast food or frozen food that has been pre-made by someone else. These foods do not contain sufficient nutrients for our body and therefore will have a bad impact upon our health.
Nutrients in food
First of all we need to know the definition of nutrient and why it is important for our body. Nutrient is the substances in food that provides nourishment essential for maintenance of life and growth.
There are two different categories of nutrients; they are including macro nutrients and micro nutrients. Macronutrients include: protein, carbohydrates and fats. Micronutrients include vitamins and minerals. Nowadyas there are plenty of food that is low in nutrients. These foods usually provide you with many kilojoules (Kj) to makes you full of energy but it void of the other essential nutrients that your body need to function. Hence, it will provide poor nourishment that is essential for maintenance of life and growth.
Super foods that enhance fertility for couple
So what are the kinds of food/nutrients that couple who try to conceive need to look for? Here are some of the foods that enhance your fertility level:
- Green vegetables: this include spinach, lettuce, silverbeet, bok choy, kai lan, etc. They are full of nutrients such as folic acid, Vitamin C and fibre. It is important for couple who try to conceive as well as pregnant women. Folic acid is essential nutrient for brain’s development of the embryo.
- Eggs: Select free range eggs or organic eggs because it contains protein, zinc, B12, Vitamin D, selenium and phosphorus. It contains cholesterol but you need this as part of your healthy diet. The recommended intake during pregnancy is 3-4 serves a day, whereas for adult is 1-3 serves a day.
- Blueberries: this fruit provide source of vitamin C, fibre, vitamin K and manganese. Since they are low in GI, it is good for those who try to lose weight. Not only that, it is also great for women with PCOS.
- Salmon: it contains rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin B, Vitamin B12, protein and selenium. This food also recommended for couple who try to conceive.
- Yoghurt: It contains good source of good bacteria for optimal absorption of nutrients in the gut. It will also improve your immune system, which is significant for pregnant women and those who try to conceive.
- LSA: it is a combination of sunflower seeds, ground linseeds and almonds. It contains source of protein, omega-3 fats, zinc, magnesium and calcium. It is recommended to add one spoonful of LSA to your cereals, yoghurt, muffin or smoothies.
- Seaweed: It provides the body with nutrients such as antioxidant, zinc, B vitamins, iodine and iron. These nutrients will improve your body to function properly as it will boost your immune system and improve energy levels.
- Quinoa: It contains essential nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin E, iron, B vitamins and calcium.
- Black rice: it is great source of antioxidants called anthocyanins, which are also found in blueberries. Antioxidants are essential to neutralise free radicals in body, which can cause chronic disease such as cancer and also damage to cells in our body. Therefore, eating food with antioxidants is really good for those who try to conceive.
Apart from having these super foods, having regular acupuncture and exercise such as Yoga also significant in improving your overall well-being. Hence, promotes the body to be more fertile for couple who would like to conceive.
Discover more about employing the benefits of IVF acupuncture and Chinese medicine for fertility in Melbourne by contacting our team today. Our treatment clinic’s range of services and treatment options are designed to address all fertility issues in a gentle and natural way. Make an appointment by calling (03) 9820 8651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss your requirements and arrange a consultation.