IVF Acupuncture Support Melbourne
IVF Support combined with acupuncture is a necessary treatment for women who aim of trying to increase their chance of having a successful pregnancy.
Acupuncture is also called a complementary or adjuvant therapy; which have been used by many people to improve their physical and emotional health/wellbeing.
Dr Cui believes that acupuncture combined with Chinese herbal medicine can further improve the chance of becoming pregnant and having good quality eggs. A British survey also mentioned that acupuncture can increase woman’s chance of pregnancy by 65% and improve the likeliness of live birth by 91%.
There are many people who attempt IVF acupuncture treatment in Melbourne because it is one of the options that offer a high success rate of having a successful pregnancy.
However, having said that, there are multiple attempts that needed to be done before achieving the desired results. Therefore, acupuncture combined with herbal medicine play significant roles in achieving a successful pregnancy via IVF treatment because it improves the quality of eggs and the thickness of uterine lining.
What are the other ways in which IVF acupuncture can assist me?
Not only can acupuncture improve quality of eggs, it may also improve the quantity and quality of sperm, which can also affect the chances of pregnancy via IVF treatment. Hence, acupuncture is not only for women but also recommended for men.
It is strongly recommended that for those who intend to do IVF treatment, that they do acupuncture throughout the whole IVF process, this includes:
- Prior to Starting your IVF Cycle (Once a week)
- During the stimulation phase
- Acupuncture before and after egg collection
- One day prior/on the day of the Embryo on Transfer (within 24 hr)
- One day after/on the day of the Embryo Transfer (within 24 hr)
- Once or twice a week until the blood test result confirms
- Once a week during the 1st trimester of pregnancy
In addition to acupuncture treatment, Dr Cui also recommends the use of Chinese herbal medicine because it is proven that Chinese herbal medicine is very effective. There were a couple of researches to support this fact.
Articles supporting the use of Chinese herbal medicine
Ried K, Stuart K. Efficacy of traditional Chinese herbal medicine in the management of female infertility: a systematic review. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 2011; 19(6): 319-331, by PubMed Health, said that:
“ Our review suggests that management of female infertility with Chinese Herbal Medicine can improve pregnancy rates 2-fold within a 4 month period compared with Western Medical fertility drug therapy or IVF. Assessment of the quality of the menstrual cycle, integral to TCM diagnosis, appears to be fundamental to successful treatment of female infertility. “
“the oocyte development rate was significantly higher (58.0%) after herbal medicine intake than before (32.5%; p = 0.0003). Moreover, the successful pregnancy rate was significantly higher after intake than before (6.9% versus 0%; p = 0.0111). Herbal medicine may constitute a useful adjunct to assisted reproductive technology in women.”
In conclusion Acupuncture combine with Chinese herbal medicine for IVF support can have benefits as follows:
- Improve quality of eggs and the thickness of the uterine lining and the follicle development
- Increase number of sperms and improve quality of sperms
- Increase the chance of having successful IVF treatment
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Nourishing the body and reducing stress level
- Improve the menstrual cycle
- Improve pregnancy rates up to 2-fold within 4 months compared with Western Medical fertility drug
- Enhance circulation and blood supply to uterus and ovaries (Magarelli, PC, D Cridennda, M Cohen. Fertil Steril. 2009 Dec;92(6):1870-9 Fertility and Sterility)
Contact us to find out more
Discover more about our range of services and treatment options by contacting our team. Make an appointment in our Melbourne clinic by calling (03) 9820 8651 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements and arrange a consultation.
You can also leave your details in our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.